Thursday, June 17, 2010

Transformed Index Card Box


BEFORE: I love this old wooden index card box from the Army days. I just never liked it as it is. And then along came some inspiration!

I must've used it for addresses way back when. It still had our army address inside the lid. Including his social security number.



AFTER: I love the fleur-de-lis and Harlequin pattern on just about anything. I painted it black, stenciled the fleur-de-lis and drew the Harlequin lines, and then antiqued it with Minwax stain.



I may distress it more with some sandpaper on the edges.


Ta-Da! I love it now and I use it on my desk.


The calendar on the left was my inspiration piece; it also sits on my desk.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous06 July, 2010

    Well that is a nice project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Joanne...I use an old wooden index box for my addresses as well. It's nice because when someone moves or changes their number and all, just make them a new index card.

    Thanks for the inspiriation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented! Love the wooden box.

    ReplyDelete