Saturday, October 18, 2008

They're Back!

Do you believe in Fairies?
Well, I do! More than likely you may believe in them too after reading this. Or at least scratching your head over this "supernatural-natural" marvel! [Did I just make up a new craze?]

Let me explain...
I wrote an email to some of my friends an family before this blog existed, which was September 15th to be exact. In the email I explained what was happening.

Photo credit: Flickr - Creative Commons

The Email...


Don't open the pics until after you read this...and remember, we are STILL
having a drought here in GA.

This is our recently remodeled front entry. A few weeks ago, I noticed some mushrooms growing in the shape of a half circle just spanning in front of the deck area that juts forward in the center. I couldn't help but see them! As you can see in the first picture, by the left-most mushroom is my dog Daisy. She is a small yorkshire terrier. These mushrooms are as big as my hand! So, mental note to self...interesting.

Then David (my second-son) mows the lawn.

Next, the mushrooms emerge AGAIN only this time the arch of the half circle is bigger. There are no other mushrooms in my front or back yard or the neighbor’s yards on the rest of the street, not one. So, mental note to self again. At this point, I am questioning what it is while, at the same time, feeling it is good energy and a blessing.

Backstory...

In light of all the natural disasters and fires everywhere, I have consciously been saying prayer while walking the property barefoot and asking the spirits here to protect this land and home that I am borrowing from future generations. To protect my dwelling place and family and to place good spirits of protection at all entrances and above and below. I acknowledge that bad and negative spirits do exist, but I ask them to stay out of our "circle". I offer food to the spirits and the little people, the swimmers and the flyers, the creepy-crawlies, the fairies and gnomes, the standing people (trees) and plant and rock people, the seen and the unseen. This is how I was taught to work with our Mother Earth.

Back to the story...

David mows the lawn again. No more mushrooms and then...

They come back again. This time they span the entire front porch width!

Mental note to self...you are going mental!

I spoke a Native American elder today and asked her about the mushrooms. I had to know if there was any lore about them. Could the underworld be talking to me? (The underworld is not evil to these indigenous people as in some religious beliefs; it is a mirror of the upper world - the Earth) Is it a sign? I didn't get an answer from the universe on my own. She laughed. She told me that it is a Fairy Ring. It means blessings on your home, change and transformation. It's always growth. Some people fear growth, because it means change. It's truly about learning to surrender to the change. You accept the change and grow through levels of higher consciousness.

She asked if there were any young (maybe pre-teenish) girls that I know. She
told me to talk to one and find a stump in my yard (I just happen to have a big
one in the back...) and make a Fairy garden on it with her. It will give us
ideas of how to restore the earth mother again. And it reminds young girls that
there is more to the world than what we see. It fosters her imagination and it
could be the key, which unlocks something magical when she becomes an adult that
is not offered in her home. Then, she suggested I buy a fairy book and gift it
to her.

Anyhow, wanted to share this with you all. Don't forget about the
fairies in your area and talk to them remembering the innocence of your own
imaginations as little girls. I do.

Blessings to you and yours,

Joanne


Are you ready to see the pictures and decide for yourself? (Your decision NOW is probably "this woman is CRAZY"!)




I got some pictures and later saw our neighbor and her friend picking apples next door. I told them about the mushrooms and asked them to help make a "FairyLand" on a stump in the back yard. I gave them pointers on using natural things and ideas like "they'll need something to sleep on", etc. and then they took off with it, without needing anymore of my suggestions, and were in my back yard for THREE HOURS, each one making their own on a separate stump. (In case your wondering, I had her get her mother's permission first.)

See what they came up with! The pictures did not pick up all of the little details. It would have been nice to see a before and after picture or each stump. Notice the teeny-tiny strawberries (they grow wild and are bitter) for food and the onion grass! Clever little girls.

If I were a Fairy - I'd be camping out right there! Hope you enjoyed this post and thanks to Jennifer and her friend Lauren!

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment